Gujarat Metallic Coal & Coke Limited defines Corporate Governance as a systematic process by which companies are directed and controlled keeping in mind the long term interest of the stakeholders. It firmly believes that good corporate governance is the foundation of corporate excellence.
All Executives and Directors shall discharge their duties assigned to them and must be accountable for their performance and actions to the company. They should not indulge themselves in such actions which will be demeaning the image of the company.
Code of Conduct
- Every Director / Executive shall discharge his / her responsibilities at all times and in such manner so as to ensure that there is compliance with all the laws, rules, regulations as may be applicable to the company or to the transaction or to the person.
- Every Director / Executive shall avoid being in situations that give rise to conflict between the personal interests of the person and the interest of the Company. Where such a situation is not avoidable, the person shall disclose the matter in writing to his / her superior and in the case of any Director; such disclosure should be made to the Board.
- Every Director / Executive shall discharge his / her responsibilities at all times and in such manner so as to ensure there is full and fair disclosure as required by law, in the accounts maintained and presented by the company.
- Every Director / Executive shall treat any data or information of the Company which has not been published or disclosed previously as confidential information and shall not disclose or transmit the same to any person unless such disclosure is as per the requirements of any law, or any lawful agreement to which the company is a party.
- Every Director / Executive shall strictly adhere to the Insider Trading Code of the Company.
- No Director / Executive shall knowingly suppress from the company a material fact, which can be detrimental to the interest of the Company.
- Every Director / Executive shall avoid discrimination and harassment in any form, on the basis of race, religion and gender.
- Every Director / Executive shall adhere to fair and lawful competitive practices pertaining to the operations of the Company.
Every Director / Executive must ensure that he / she does not exploit opportunities arising out of the place of work or in course of work, for personal gain.